Command|8 puts integrated, tactile manipulation of Pro Tools TDM or LE systems running on Windows XP or Mac OS X at your fingertips more affordably than ever before. While there are several compact control surface options from third-party manufacturers compatible with Pro Tools, only Command|8 was made by Digidesign and Focusrite specifically for Pro Tools. As a result, Command|8 provides a great deal more sophisticated control with Pro Tools software, and has been tested and qualified specifically for Pro Tools.
Borrowing elements from Digidesign's higher-end control surfaces, Command|8's eight bankable channels of moving faders, rotary encoders, and displays enable you to control Pro Tools with the hands-on feel of a traditional analog console. What's more, its onboard monitor system features Focusrite audio performance and quality, accommodating Pro Tools audio along with external inputs, speakers, and separately controlled headphone outs. A simple USB connection facilitates communication between Command|8 and your computer.
Command|8 also includes an integrated, fully editable MIDI interface and features a stand-alone MIDI controller mode, enabling you to use it with your favorite third-party MIDI applications and devices any that accept MIDI control change messages for level, panning, solo, mute, MIDI Machine Control, and other mappable parameters.
For post production suites, Avid products are natively supported by Command|8, including Avid Media Composer. When used with Avid products, Command|8 can be used to control the Automation Gain Tool for recording dynamic volume automation as well as Solo, Mute and Snap Mode on and off. Better yet, Command|8's onboard monitor section alleviates the need for an external mixer for speaker control.
- Inexpensive, full-featured control surface specifically designed for Pro Tools
- Supports both Pro Tools TDM and LE systems (independently)
- Simple USB connection to your PC or Mac
- Compact size comfortable ergonomic layout
- 8 touch sensitive motorized faders, 8 automatable rotary encoders with LED rings
- Big, bright, 110-character (55 characters x 2 rows) backlit LCD display for easily viewing information
- Integrated 1-IN/2-OUT MIDI interface (16 channel in, 32 out)
- Standalone MIDI controller mode
- Flexible Focusrite onboard monitoring section
- Works natively with the Avid family of productsâ€™ Automation Gain Tool
- May be used in conjunction with ProControl, Control|24, and Digi 002
- Dynamic Range
- Frequency response
- Maximum input level