Mbox 2 is a next-generation USB-powered audio/MIDI production system that builds on the performance and simplicity of the original Mbox â€” Avidâ€™s most popular personal studio system ever. Featuring a wide range of connection options, including analog, digital, and MIDI I/O, Mbox 2 delivers professional performance in an incredibly compact package. Mbox 2 also includes award-winning, easy-to-use Pro Tools LE software, which offers many of the same features that top studios rely on to produce Grammy-winning albums and Academy Awardâ€“winning film sound. Projects created with Mbox 2 and Pro Tools LE software also open on Pro Tools|HD and Pro Tools M-Powered systems â€” providing instant compatibility with countless Pro Toolsâ€“equipped project and professional studio around the globe.
Mbox 2 Factory also includes over $1,000 worth of additional professional plug-ins, plus an iLok USB Smart Key to handle your plug-in authorizations.
The Mbox 2 hardware interface is both powerful and easy to use, featuring a distinctive industrial design, impressive sound quality, and extensive input and output options.
- 100% USB powered for maximum portability
- 2 analog inputs, 2 analog outputs
- 2 channels of S/PDIF digital I/O
- 1 MIDI input and 1 MIDI output (16 channels in/16 channels out)
- Zero-latency monitoring
- Superior sonic performance
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Separate source selection and gain control per channel
- Headphone output with dedicated volume control
- Dedicated studio monitor volume control
Pro Tools software is used in countless professional studios around the world, and includes all the tools you need to easily compose, record, edit, mix, and master your projects with pro results â€” every time.
- Award-winning Pro Tools recording, editing, and mixing
- 48 simultaneous stereo audio tracks (expandable with Toolkit options)
- Includes dozens of pro effects processing plug-ins and virtual instruments
- Professional MIDI sequencing with dedicated MIDI Editor window
- Integrated Score Editor based on award-winning Sibelius notation software
- Full Elastic Time and Elastic Pitch to easily adjust timing and pitch on your tracks
- Unique Beat Detective LE automatic groove analysis and correction tool
- ReWire support for streaming your favorite applications right into Pro Tools
- Support for the Command|8 control surface
- Huge selection of compatible third-party plug-ins and software options
- Works on Windows and Mac computers
Analog Inputs â€” 2
- Separate source selection and gain control per channel -Line: 1/4"
- Mic: XLR with 48V phantom power -DI: 1/4"
- Mic preamp: >120 db EIN @ > 50 dB gain -Maximum Input: 8.7 V RMS (balanced), or +21 dBu
- 24-bit clean to/from the computer -USB type B socket (v. 1.1); cable included (does not support passive USB hubs)
Analog Line Outputs â€” 2
- Maximum Output: +4 dBV into 1 kohm -Unbalanced output connectors
Dimensions â€” measured with Mbox 2 in horizontal (handle-down) configuration
- Height, box: 4.9cm; with handle: 7.7cm; with handle cover: 5.6cm -Depth: 18.4cm (includes knobs)
- Width: 22.4cm -Weight: 1.23 kg.
- Separate volume controlâ€”1/4" output -> 6 mW into 50 ohm
- Sample Rate: 44.1, 48 kHz -Mic EIN (unweighted): -120 dB @ 40 dB gain, 150 ohm source
- Dynamic Range: 106 dB (A-weighted), 103 dB (unweighted)1,2 -Frequency Response: +0/-0.5 dB, 20 Hz â€“ 20 kHz3
- THD+N (line input): 0.00079% (-102 dB) @ 1 kHz1,3 -Maximum Input: +21 dBu
- THD+N @ 40 dB gain (mic input): 0.006% (-84 dB) @ 1 kHz1 -Input Impedance (pad off): Mic=3.5 kOhm; Line=10 kOhm; DI= >1 MOhm
- Avid-qualified Mac or Windows computer
- Minimum 1 GB of RAM
- DVD-ROM or equivalent optical drive for software installation
- Available USB port for Mbox 2 system (USB hubs not supported)
- Available USB port for iLok USB Smart Key