Mbox® 2 is a next-generation USB-powered audio/MIDI production system that builds on the performance and simplicity of the original Mbox Digidesign's most popular personal studio system ever. Featuring a wide range of connection options, including analog, digital, and MIDI I/O, Mbox 2 delivers professional performance in an incredibly compact package. Mbox 2 also includes award-winning, easy-to-use Pro Tools LE™ software, which offers many of the same features that top studios rely on to produce Grammy®-winning albums and Academy Award® winning film sound. Projects created with Mbox 2 and Pro Tools LE software also open on Pro Tools|HD and Pro Tools M-Powered™ systems providing instant compatibility with countless Pro Tools™ equipped project and professional studio around the globe.
Mbox 2 Factory also includes additional professional plug-ins, plus an iLok USB Smart Key to handle your plug-in authorizations.
Analog Inputs — 2
- Separate source selection and gain control per channel
- Mic: XLR with 48V phantom power
- Mic preamp: 120 db EIN 50 dB gain
- Line: 1/4"
- DI: 1/4"
- Maximum Input: 8.7 V RMS (balanced), or +21 dBu
Analog Line Outputs — 2
- Maximum Output: +4 dBV into 1 kohm
- Unbalanced output connectors
- Separate volume control—1/4" output
- > 6 mW into 50 ohm
- S/PDIF I/O (24-bit)
- RCA jacks
Dimensions — measured with Mbox 2 in horizontal (handle-down) configuration
- Height, box: 4.9cm; with handle: 7.7cm; with handle cover: 5.6cm
- Width: 22.4cm
- Depth: 18.4cm (includes knobs)
- Weight: 1.23 kg.
- Sample Rate: 44.1, 48 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 106 dB (A-weighted), 103 dB (unweighted)
- THD+N (line input): 0.00079% (-102 dB) 1 kHz
- THD+N 40 dB gain (mic input): 0.006% (-84 dB) 1 kHz
- Mic EIN (unweighted): -120 dB 40 dB gain, 150 ohm source
- Frequency Response: +0/-0.5 dB, 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Maximum Input: +21 dBu
- Input Impedance (pad off): Mic=3.5 kOhm; Line=10 kOhm; DI= >1 MOhm
- Digidesign- qualified Windows Vista- (32-bit Business or Ultimate), Windows XP- or Mac OS X 10.5-based computer
- Minimum 1 GB of RAM
- DVD-ROM or equivalent optical drive for software installation
- Available USB port for Mbox 2 system (USB hubs not supported)
In addition to M-Audio Torq LE DJ software and an incredible 8 GB collection of pro-quality loops from industry sound heavyweights Big Fish Audio, Pro Tools software includes a comprehensive bundle of amazing virtual instruments, effects, and utility plug-ins.