DPA Microphones are manufacturers of superior condenser mics for the live, studio, broadcast, theatre, film and installation markets. Based in Denmark, DPA has built a solid brand based on uncompromising quality, durability and adaptability.
DPA mics are handmade in their factory in Denmark and are available for many different applications in the form of vocal mics, instrument mics, podium mics, lavalier mics, headset mics and stereo & surround microphone solutions.
Did you know?
- DPA’s d:dicate™ 4006A is one of the most accurate pro-audio mics in the world. It was directly adapted from an original Brüel & Kjær measurement microphone
- If you took a DPA miniature mic capsule, enlarged it to the size of a soccer pitch and started up a jet engine 60 meters away, the diaphragm would only move 4 mm. Try to imagine the infinitesimal diaphragm movement at the true 4 x 5.5 mm size
- Celine Dion was performing in Copenhagen when she dropped her d:facto™ Vocal Mic. She was shocked that she dropped it, but even more surprised when she picked it up and it continued to work without any problems
- Two DPA microphones were used to record the Apollo 13 liftoff
- DPA mics are used to record all types and levels of sound across the globe – even on Antarctica, where they were used to capture the (very quiet) sound of snowflakes
For information on DPA Microphones and which model to choose for your audio application get in touch with us.