Suggested length: 8 hours
The VE110S6L Avid VENUE Fundamentals course provides an operational overview for users of the Avid VENUE | S6L system. Students will learn to configure systems, set up show files, navigate the work surface and touch screens, use the record/playback functionality with Pro Tools and learn other tips essential for use in a live sound environment. This course is accompanied by both VENUE show files and Pro Tools sessions to lead students through hands-on classroom exercises that simulate what a live sound engineer would encounter in a live sound environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible to take the exam to achieve certification as an Avid Certified User: Avid VENUE | S6L. Participants interested in pursuing Avid Certified Professional: Avid VENUE | S6L certification can continue to the VE210S6L Avid VENUE Production course.
This course is designed for students and Live Sound Engineers with limited experience using an Avid VENUE | S6L system.
Completion of the following courses, or equivalent experience is recommended:
- PT101 Pro Tools Fundamentals I
- PT110 Pro Tools Fundamentals II
- Basic knowledge of live sound principles
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the components and options of the S6L system
- Use the Avid VENUE | S6L software
- Operate an Avid VENUE | S6L control surface
- Enable Built-in effects processing
- Understand AAX DSP plugins and Avid VENUE | S6L
- Mix with Avid VENUE | S6L
- Connect Avid VENUE | S6L and Pro Tools
- Be ready to take the Avid Certified User: Avid VENUE | S6L exam