Digidesign’s Video Satellite LE is an affordable solution for any Pro Tools|HD studio working with video projects. With Video Satellite LE, you can easily offload CPU-intensive video playback functions onto a second computer running Pro Tools LE with an MBox 2 Micro, reclaiming that processing power to run essential plug-ins and virtual instruments. The two systems connect via Digidesign’s proprietary Ethernet protocol, allowing for faster lockup time than 9-pin and tighter synchronization than MIDI Time Code. You’ll also get loop playback – a huge feature at this affordable price point – with Digidesign Video Satellite LE.
Digidesign Video Satellite LE at a Glance:
- Offload Pro Tools|HD video tasks to an LE system
- Connects via Digidesign’s proprietary Ethernet protocol
- Maintain transport control from the linked system
- Loop playback support
Offload Pro Tools|HD video tasks to an LE system
Video Satellite LE is a tremendous solution for Pro Tools|HD users handling CPU-intensive picture tasks. Now, you can connect your HD system to a compute running Pro Tools LE and offload those processing tasks to the second computer. With the considerable extra CPU power, you can then run additional virtual instruments, RTAS plug-ins, and more.
Connects via Digidesign’s proprietary Ethernet protocol
With the Digidesign Video Satellite LE system, you’ll connect your computers via Digidesign’s proprietary Ethernet protocol, delivering faster lockup time than 9-pin connection and much tighter synchronization than MIDI Time Code.
Maintain transport control from the linked system
The satellite LE computer is very much a part of your overall Pro Tools system. With Video Satellite LE, you’ll still maintain full transport control from the linked Pro Tools|HD system.
Loop playback support
Already a tremendous solution – especially given its affordable price – Video Satellite LE even supports loop playback – a feature previously only available with much more expensive solutions.
Digidesign Video Satellite LE Features:
- Offload video playback onto a separate computer running Pro Tools LE
- Full Transport control from the linked Pro Tools|HD system
- Superb performance utilizing propriety Digidesign Ethernet protocol
- Supports loop playback
- Supports HD and SD QuickTime via Blackmagic DeckLink Extreme card
- Supports SD Avid and QuickTime video playback via Avid Mojo SDI
- Incredibly easy to configure and use