Connectivity and Features
Simplicity at first glance – Flexibility and reliability beyond
Integrating 16 analog inputs with a switchable sensitivity of up to +24 dBu per channel; 8 corresponding analog outputs; and an additional headphone output, the M-1610 Pro brings plenty of analog I/O to any studio setup. With its coaxial and (optional) optical MADI, redundant AVB, four ADAT optical outputs, and redundant DC coupled outputs, the device represents one of the most versatile and highest-performing converters on the market.
Add Analog and AVB I/O to any existing MADI devices
At the request of recording engineers using a variety of analog effects and instruments in their sessions, RME have combined the outstanding performance of the M-32 Pro AD and DA converters into a single device, and at an unbeatable price-point.
When compared with the M-32 Pro series, which were designed primarily for fixed installations, the M-1610 Pro adds a selection of additional user-friendly features, for seamless operation in studio, live and broadcast. Input and output TRS jacks provide alternative connections for the D-Sub inputs (inputs 11-16) and D-Sub outputs (outputs 1-2), alongside redundant network ports, a headphone output for monitoring and trouble-shooting, and quick access buttons for source selection and volume.
The internal routing matrix provides visual control over all channels side by side – up to eight AVB streams (with a total of 128 channels); the coaxial and (optional) optical MADI ports (with each up to 64 channels); all analog I/O; and the ADAT outputs, for flexible routing between the 272 inputs and 298 outputs.
Lowest converter latencies and deterministic AVB networking with configurable network delay down to 0.3 ms allow the M-1610 Pro to deliver samples, even from multiple devices, at incredible speeds – time-aligned with nanosecond accuracy across an entire network. The AD and DA filters have been carefully optimized for different sampling rates, with a focus on accuracy and RME’s signature ‘transparency’ (nothing added, nothing removed). Together with SteadyClock FS, RME’s ultra-low jitter digital clock technology, the conversion to and from analog is state-of-the-art, at any level and across all digital formats. As a notable difference to similar devices, the three analog line levels per channel each offer the full dynamic range of the converters.
Plug’n’play – rapid user interaction
Control all device states directly from the front panel for convenient, direct access to all features. RME AVB devices can also be fully remote controlled via a web-interface on any network link (including wirelessly over Wi-Fi), allowing for the rapid creation of gain groups, phantom power switching, and routing of signals to headphones for monitoring. The integrated routing matrix allows for quick routing of any analog inputs straight to the headphone output, as well as all digital signals and AVB streams. As such, problem-solving of signals, clocking, connectivity or other issues is both simple and straight-forward!
SteadyClock FS – Reference class Digital Clocking
In digital audio, the clock frequency is an essential factor, as it creates the correlation between the audio bits and the time reference. Unfortunately, the clock frequency is not always as stable as desired. The M-1610 Pro offers full SteadyClock FS performance for lowest jitter and highest jitter immunity.
Excellent performance in all clock modes and High Quality Analog Conversion to hear your mix as it is. Digital format conversion in RME products are done without any loss or degredation,and SteadyClock FS ensures your sonic image will never experience degredation. This helps to optimize recordings and mixes because the soundstage has more depth and clarity.
- 16 x Analog In (25-pin D-sub, up to +24 dBu, 6x TRS, fully symmetrical design)
- 8 x Analog Out (25-pin D-sub, up to +24 dBu, fully symmetrical design)
- 16-channel AD converter, 8-channel DA converter, fully symmetrical
- Switchable sensitivity per channel +13/+19/+24 dBu
- DC-coupled Outputs
- 1x Stereo Phones out with direct monitoring of all digital and analog inputs
- 4x ADAT Outputs
- Word Clock I/O (BNC)
- 1 x MADI I/O coaxial
- Easy single- or multi mode MADI integration via SFP module
- MADI Auto-Input – seamless redundancy
- MADI-AVB conversion
- 2 x RJ45 1 GigE AVB, eight streams (128 Channels) with 1-8/12/16 Ch., fully redundant
- 2 x monitored fully redundant internal PSUs
- 19” enclosure 1 height unit
- SteadyClock FS – ultra-low jitter digital clock technology
- SyncCheck® and ICC® – detects when a clock source is not in sync and falls back to other available signals
- 2” full color display with control knob for device control
- Internal routing of all 272×298 channels
- Remote control via HTTP, JSON, IEEE 1722.1 AVDECC
- USB 2.0 (for remote control and firmware updates)