Take control of your favorite audio and video software right from your iPad.
The Pro Tools | Control app combines the tight hardware/software integration and high-speed communication power of EUCON technology with the multi-touch advancements of iOS. On your iPad, it enables you to record and mix faster and easier than working with a mouse and keyboard alone. And when combined with Pro Tools | S3, Pro Tools | Dock, or Artist Mix, you gain new touch workflows and custom control. Best of all… it’s free!
- Work with your favorite software
- Speed up audio mixing tasks, whether you make music, edit video, or create sound for picture. Pro Tools | Control lets you wirelessly control a variety of audio and video software, including Pro Tools, Media Composer, Logic Pro X, Cubase, and Nuendo. You can even use it to extend your workflow across other Avid control surfaces. All you need is Wi-Fi.
- Take full touch control
- Simply download the app on your iPad Air or iPad mini, install EuControl software on your computer, and launch your audio or video software. Then tap, swipe, slide, and drag your way through a variety of application functions and parameters—from adjusting levels, pan, and mute settings, to triggering transport controls and automation modes.
- Get a birds-eye view of your project
- In Tracks view, you can quickly see an overview of your entire mix, 40 tracks at a time. Not only does Pro Tools | Control display the track’s name and number, but also its active metering, current input monitor, record, mute, and solo status. Plus, each track provides a level meter too.
Track and mix with just a touch
Speed up your efficiency using a host of controls, including transport, faders, encoders, mute and solo buttons, input monitoring, and panning. Record tracks with a tap. Ride multiple faders to bring more life to your mix. And with graphical displays, track info, and meters—including peak, RMS, and clip metering—providing extensive visual feedback, you’ll always have insight into the key elements of your mix.
Get incredible control
With EUCON technology, Pro Tools | Control becomes an extension of your software, enabling you to take deeper control. No matter what you’re working with. Access and control hundreds of software commands and functions. Punch in audio. Toggle automation modes. Trigger complex macros to save tons of time. Plus, the app automatically updates its controls to any supported application you have in focus on your computer, giving you great mixing flexibility.
Mix faster with the intelligent design
Get multitouch mixing and timesaving advanced features packed in a modern display that you can take anywhere. With its intuitive layout and instant access views, you can interact with your mix in many ways. Filter the track display and trigger application functions, keystroke shortcuts, and macro commands with a single tap using the Soft Keys bar. And when used with Pro Tools | S3, Pro Tools | Dock, or Artist Mix, you can view and recall channel layouts directly from the app.
Jump right into your mix
Big mix? No problem. With the unique Tracks view, you can visually navigate through the largest mixes. Scroll 40 tracks at a time and quickly find and bring any track to the surface. You can also select, record-enable, solo, and mute one or more tracks right from the screen. And because audio meters are displayed for every channel, it’s easy to keep an eye on levels and make adjustments quickly.
Free yourself from the cables that bind
With full wireless control, you can work in ways not possible with a mouse or cable-connected control surface. Record yourself in a different room from your DAW, such as an isolation booth. Mix from your favorite seat in your house. Control up to two networked audio/video workstations across a facility. Trigger playback or recording while on stage. Even take stealth control of a Foley or ADR session in the same room as your talent, without causing audible detriment from a key press or mouse click.
Extend your S3, Dock, or Artist Mix workflow
Get enhanced touch control, quick-access Tracks view, better soft keys control, a counter display, additional visual feedback, and customizable layouts when you use Pro Tools | Control with your existing control surface. Not only does the app add timesaving new features and customizability to your workflow, it offers a convenient way to recall layouts and trigger macros as you continue mixing on your S3, Dock, or Artist Mix.
WHERE TO GET