The Industry-standard for Audio Production
Now you can subscribe to Pro Tools on an annual basis. Your subscription includes Pro Tools software, bonus plug-ins, and access to Avid’s Standard Support, which provides all future Pro Tools updates, upgrades, and expert help for as long as your subscription is active.
Avid Pro Tools makes music creation easy and fun for beginners and seasoned pros alike. Its optimized audio engine is the epitome of efficiency. Its interface is as easy to use as a tape deck, and its editing is legendary. Best of all, Pro Tools continues to evolve — new features are being added all the time. Seamlessly update tracks and timeline selections during playback without interruption. Benefit from up to 1,024 MIDI tracks (double that of previous versions). Name your tracks effortlessly, courtesy of the Name field in the New Track dialog. You also get powerful features like Track Commit and Track Freeze, layered editing, and real-time fade manipulation. Beyond that, Avid Cloud Collaboration allows you to connect with talent all around the world. Now with support for macOS Mojave, Pro Tools is the industry standard for audio professionals.
This is a specially priced version of Pro Tools for qualified academic institutions. Proof of eligibility is required.
Ultra-flexible recording, editing, and mixing environment
Avid’s Pro Tools software is the go-to DAW for countless recording studios. Most major production houses are built around it. Navigating Pro Tools is easy, thanks to its streamlined two-window interface. Every tool you need is right at your fingertips. And most advanced functions are only a click away. Forget about spending days or even weeks getting to know the program. With Pro Tools software, you just dive in and establish the workflow that best meets your needs.
The power to create fluidly during playback
The newest version of Pro Tools enables you to make updates to tracks and timeline selections during playback with more fluidity than ever before. With zero interruption, you can create or delete tracks, enable or disable tracks, and add a preset to a track. You can also insert, move, or remove plug-ins and sends, make changes to your I/O, and record-enable and -disable tracks. Beyond that, you can adjust a loop or timeline selection’s start and end points or move an entire loop or timeline selection. Pro Tools empowers you to experiment with effects, presets, loop points, and more — all without stopping playback.
Loaded with powerful MIDI tools for in-the-box music creation
Pro Tools is the industry’s premier recording and editing tool, and thanks to recent advancements, it’s a MIDI powerhouse, too. To start with, Pro Tools now supports up to 1,024 MIDI tracks — that’s double that of earlier versions. MIDI Input Display shows you notes and chords as you play them on a MIDI controller. MIDI merge enhancements permit seamless merging of new and existing MIDI CC automation. MIDI editing is faster than ever, allowing you to use the left and right arrow keys to move to the next or previous MIDI note. Beyond that, new keyboard shortcuts, tools, and views make working with MIDI in Pro Tools effortless.
Free up your system with Track Commit and Track Freeze
Pro Tools Track Commit prints your tracks, processing and all, to free up resources. And you can print from any insert point in its signal path. Say you have a vocal track with pitch correction and a channel strip. You can print a copy of the tuned vocal without including the other processing. This allows you to continue tweaking the channel strip as you mix. Or you can print all the processing, freeing up DSP resources.
Track Freeze frees up DSP by rendering your entire track on-the-fly. If your track doesn’t need further editing, this is a great way to maximize resources. It even works on auxiliary tracks and multi-output virtual instruments! Like Track Commit, you can freeze a track, up to and including, any insert point in its signal path. Activate Track Freeze from the Tracks menu, right-click menu or snowflake icon. Unfreeze it the same way. A Freeze Status Icon shows if tracks are frozen, and can globally freeze and unfreeze tracks.
Improved waveform visualization and batch fade enhancements for rapid editing
Lining up edits with Pro Tools is a piece of cake. Improved waveform visualization lets you see through overlapping waveforms by making one layer translucent. Improvements to batch fades make drum editing and other repetitive fade tasks instantaneous. Editing has always been one of Pro Tools strong suits, and now it’s even better!
Create crossfade curves from the Edit window
Now you can adjust fade-in, out, and crossfade curves right from the Edit Window. Select the Smart Tool and position the cursor over the fade. Then click and drag to the left or right to adjust the fade curve. Real-time fade manipulation is a huge time saver!
Connect and collaborate with other musicians and audio pros
Avid Cloud Collaboration connects you with other musicians, producers, engineers, and mixers. It gives you the necessary tools, workflows, and connections to make your work stand out. No matter where your collaborators are, it’s like working in the same studio!
All active Pro Tools subscriptions include the Space convolution reverb plug-in and 16 brand-new effect plug-ins inspired by the Eleven Rack. These plug-ins are great for guitar and lots of other things as well. Add grit, space, modulation, and overdrive to your tracks with this bundle of stompbox-type effects.
- BBD Delay
- Black Op Distortion
- Black Shiny Wah
- Black Spring
- C1 Chorus-Vibrato
- DC Distortion
- Gray Compressor
- Green JRC Overdrive
- Orange Phaser
- Roto Speaker
- Studio Reverb
- Tape Echo
- Tri-Knob Fuzz
- Vibe Phaser
- White Boost
Avid Pro Tools 2019 Features:
- Industry-standard Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software for Mac and PC
- Interact with and make updates to tracks and timeline selections during playback without interruption
- Supports up to 1,024 MIDI tracks — that’s double that of earlier versions
- MIDI Input Display shows notes and chords as you play them on a MIDI controller
- MIDI merge enhancements include the seamless merging of newly performed and existing MIDI CC automation
- MIDI clips turn red during recording, blurring the distinction between MIDI and audio
- Use the left and right arrow keys to move to the next or previous MIDI note for super-fast MIDI editing
- The name field in the New Track dialog makes naming tracks faster than ever
- Scroll to Track allows you to identify a track by name and scroll to it
- Batch Rename command for Tracks and Clips
- The powerful audio engine provides superior memory management
- Track Commit and Track Freeze free up system resources during intense sessions
- Improved waveform visualization powers you through big projects
- Layered Editing prevents you from losing overlapped clips while editing
- Real-time fade manipulation for creating quick crossfades
- Send fully overlapped clips to a new or existing playlist while editing and/or while recording
- Grid Toggle function makes flipping between Grid and Slip modes easy
- Tandem Trimming enables trimming the start and end of two adjacent clips simultaneously
- Clip Overwrite Indicator alerts you when you move an audio clip so that it fully overlaps a smaller off-screen clip
- Soundbase uses tags to make locating audio files and loops easy
- Faster-than-real-time bounce to disk streamlines your workflow and frees up resources
- Unified media engine natively supports multiple HD video formats
- Smooth collaboration with Avid Media Composer and other media-production workflows
- Workspace Browser makes project navigation fast and simple
- Simple keyboard commands disable and enable sends and inserts
- Capture automation while recording audio
- Utilize up to 128 tracks at 44.1/48kHz and up to 32 channels of simultaneous I/O
- Take advantage of over 70 bundled plug-in processors, effects, and virtual instruments
- Automatic delay compensation provides tight mixing with minimal phase issues
- Multitrack Beat Detective and Elastic Audio correct timing across all of your tracks
- Score Editor and MIDI Editor provide comprehensive composing capabilities
- Mix various audio file types and formats in a single session without format conversion
- Create flawless performances using simple track compositing functions
- Clip Gain provides dynamic volume flexibility and increases integration with Media Composer
- Mute and Solo visual indicators and Bus Interrogation provide a clear view of signal flow
- Full support for Artist Series and other EUCON-equipped control surfaces
- Low-latency monitoring with Core Audio and ASIO hardware delivers smoother tracking
- Read/record from flash drives, RAID systems, network-attached drives, and server storage
- Functions such as Export Selected Tracks as New Session make collaboration easy
- OMF/AAF/MXF interchange support plus included
- Export support for MP3 files, iTunes, and SoundCloud also included
- Full-time code support with feet and frames rulers and a 24-hour timeline support
- Avid Cloud Collaboration for connecting and collaborating
- 1 year of software updates, bonus plug-ins, and Standard Support
- Support for macOS Mojave (10.14)
- Software Type: DAW software
- Platform: Mac, PC
- Upgrade/Full: Full, 1-year Subscription
- Download/Boxed: Download
- Bit Depth: 64-bit
- Format: AAX Native 64
- Authorization Type: iLok 2/3 or iLok Cloud account (internet connection required)
- Hardware Requirements – Mac: Intel Core i5 processor or higher, 16GB RAM (32GB recommended), 15GB disk space
- Hardware Requirements – PC: Intel Core i5 processor or higher, 16GB RAM (32GB recommended), 15GB disk space
- OS Requirements – Mac: macOS 10.12.6 to 10.14
- OS Requirements – PC: Windows 10 or later